Where do I check in ?
If you are on a Sleep Over, please check in at the Hotel Reception first and then you will be directed to where the Sleep Over Trail will be starting this year in the hotel.
If you are booked in for a Family Festive Meal & Santa Visit, please check in at the Information Desk in the hotel lobby.
What time will my room be ready at?
Your room will certainly be ready by 4pm but we cannot guarantee it will be ready before then, however we will hold your bags for you in a safe place until your room is ready for you.
If I choose an earlier Trail time what will I do with my bags?
Please see notes above. Due to the extensive sanitisation we must adhere to your room will not be guaranteed prior to 4pm but we will hold your bags for you until your trail is finished.
What time do I have to depart at?
You must depart your room at 11am so that we can clean and sanitise your room for the next guest
Do I need a ticket for a baby?
Yes, all children and babies regardless of age must have a ticket. The baby will receive a present from Santa and can take part in the full Santa experience.
How do I get to the Clanard Court Hotel?
Click here for driving directions.
Is there parking?
Yes, there is ample free car parking with 250 free car spaces and 4 disabled spaces.
I drive an electric car, where can I charge it?
We have a fast charger and two overnight charging stations you will need to download the EasyGo.ie app
How long is Santa’s Magical Sleep Over Trail?
Santa’s Magical Sleep Over Trail 2020 lasts approximately 60 minutes. Your Start Time will be stated on your booking confirmation. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your Trail time to receive your passes.
How long is the Family Festive Meal + Santa Visit experience?
This will be 2 hours in duration to include both your meal together and then your Santa Visit across our car park to Santa’s Log Cabin in our adjacent paddock area.
What do I need to bring with me?
You will need: your printed ticket or confirmation of your booking, smartphone email confirmation is sufficient
Dress appropriately (this is both an indoor and outdoor event).
Are the 2020 Sleep Over Trail and The Santa Visit experiences indoors or outdoors?
- The Santa’s Magical Sleep Over Trail event this year is mostly covered and the majority of it is indoors. Only a few minutes will be needed to go from hut to hut (which are situated outside round the back of the hotel, close to one a other) and then around car park to see Santa in front of the hotel;
- For the Family Festive Meal + Santa Visit, there is a very short walk outside from the hotel to Santa’s Log Cabin area so do please dress appropriately. Shelter will be provided if the weather is particularly bad, rest assured with our booking system scheduling there will be minimal Santa Visit queuing time.
How will the 2020 Santa’s Magical Sleep Over socially-distanced experience differ to previous years?
We have of course had to adapt and modify what we have had in place in previous years, the main differences will be:
- The Sleep Over Trail 2020 will begin inside the hotel from a starting point that accesses a one way Trail experience in our large outdoor back patio area, which will be covered. This event will include more socially distanced Arts n Crafts activities and small family/booking pod visits to our trail huts including our Rudolph’s Reindeer Room, Cringle’s Kitchen & Santa’s Log Cabin. Willy Wonka will be there to help too with all his yummy chocolate treats! Our Sleigh will be available for the Festive Photos too;
- There will be no Christmas Pavilion marquee in the car park – trail registration/starting point and the elves den evening entertainment will be inside the hotel;
- There will be no Santa’s Farm, but the Alpacas will be out and dying to see you;
- There will be no North Pole Zone/Snowball area;
- Gift unwrapping will be in the cosiness of your Sleep Over bedrooms.
I entered details incorrectly when I made a booking, how do I change them?
To make any changes to your booking, please go to the ‘Manage Booking’ page on our website and have your booking confirmation number ready
Will a professional photo be taken with Santa?
The Festive Photo is a photo taken in a sleigh set-up in the hotel with a festive background behind. However, you are welcome to bring your camera to take your own photo with Santa on the day.
What do I do if I don’t like the gift my child receives?
All our presents are age/gender appropriate and chosen with care to appeal to the broader tastes of each particular age group. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change your gift unless one of the elves get it wrong and accidently give the an age inappropriate gift to your child.
What happens if I am late arriving?
We cannot guarantee that you will be able go on the trail unless we have received cancellations from trail times after you arrive. We will do our best to reschedule you to the last trail of the day.
Do I need to pre-book or can I just buy tickets when I arrive?
Yes – everything must be pre-booked via our booking system calendar.
What do I do if my ticket receipt has not been emailed to me?
Tickets will automatically be emailed to the address you entered upon payment of your tickets. Tickets must be paid for at time of booking. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter problems.
My printer is not working, how do I print off my ticket?
Take note of your booking confirmation number or keep your email on your smartphone and you can present this on arrival.
What time is Dinner for The Sleep Over?
All Sleep Over Trails booked from 2.15pm to 4pm will be automatically allocated a 6.30pm dining slot and all Sleep Over Trails from 4.15pm onwards will be allocated the 7.30pm slot. In the eventuality that some of your family members are in a different meal slot to you please do notify us on email@example.com and we will endeavour to seat you all in the one dining room at tables side by side.
Can I book a group of people/up to how many people can I book per table booking?
We must strictly adhere to the most-up-to-date Government Covid-19 Guidelines.
- For The Sleep Over – Trail Time Slots are 15 minutes each, starting from 2.15pm up to 5.45pm. Three rooms are allocated per time slot. For the Sleep Over Dinner, up to 6 persons can be seated per table;
- For the Family Festive Meal + Santa Visit – a table booking of up 6 persons can be taken.
I need to add an extra child/adult in with our family. How can I do this?
To make any changes to your booking, go to the ‘Manage Booking’ page on this website, otherwise contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I get a refund if I find out, after I book, that we cannot come on that day because someone is sick/working?
Bookings are non-refundable, however in some cases we may be able to transfer your booking to another date/time, subject to availability.
If the event has to be closed down and cancelled further to Government Covid-19 announcements, we guarantee we will refund you. Your Refund can either be in the form of a Clanard Court Hotel Voucher for the full value of your booking OR a Monetary Refund less a €20 Admin Fee for the Sleep Over and less a €10 Admin Fee for a Family Festive Meal + Santa Visit. These Admin Fees are purely to cover our costs of getting you this far with your booking!
If you need to cancel because of a Covid-19 case, certified by the HSE, we will endeavour to reschedule the date after a two week isolation period or failing that we can give you a hotel voucher for the full amount which can be used against a Clanard Court Hotel leisure stay or Santa’s Magical Trail 2021.
Can I receive a refund due to adverse weather conditions?
No, sorry you cannot receive a refund due to adverse weather conditions, unless Management cancels these events on the day for health & safety reasons. In this case, you will be offered an alternative date or, failing that, a full refund.
Why is there a booking fee?
The booking fee covers charges that are levied on us and pay for credit/debit card processing services, the installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software and all other costs associated with the ticket transaction.
Are pets allowed?
No, only guide dogs